iRG Completes the Race The Sun Challenge for Action Medical Research
On 12th June 2021 iRG entered 2 teams in Action Medical Research's "Dawn to Dusk" Brecon Beacons Challenge, raising an incredible £3,865.
Team 1 - Los Jefes, Lee Wallbank, Joe Moore, Dan Lewis & Chris Warburton
Team 2 - Numero Uno, Andrew "Boosh" O'Dowda, Max Parsons, Rhys Morris & Neil Woodbridge
The Challenge consisted of:
- Cycle from Talybont on Usk to Llangorse Lake, Approx 10 Miles to the first Checkpoint
- Cycle from Llangorse Lake to Cwmgwdi (Pen Y Fan North Face Base), Approx 16.5 Miles to the second Checkpoint
- Trek from Cwmgwdi around to the West Face of Pen Y Fan, ascending to the 886m Top and back down the East Face, looping back around to Cwmgwdi, Approx 9.5 Miles
- Cycle from Cwmgwdi back to Talybont on Usk, Approx 7.5 Miles for the Penultimate Checkpoint
- Final Cycle loop from Talybont on Usk to Crickhowell and back, Approx 17 Miles for the Final Checkpoint and a well earned rest!
Both Teams pushed incredibly hard with Los Jefes completing the Challenge in 9 Hours 23 Minutes with Numero Uno completing in 9 Hours 35 Minutes.
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone that came out to support the teams and all our sponsors and working partners for their generous donations. The Just Giving Page is still active https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/irg1 if you would still like to donate.