At iRG we are passionate about customer service and endeavour to make the customers journey as smooth as possible. We are looking for a full-time Workshop Controller who will play a big part of making this happen. As part of the role you will ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and be approachable for all customers with queries. You will monitor policies and procedures to achieve maximum sales of parts, labour, paint materials and other sales. Assisting the paint and body centre to achieve industry-leading standards and ensure departmental compliance with company polices, manufacturer agreements ad industry guidelines is imperative. Staff retention of the site is really important to us and will be part of your responsibility along with planning and adjusting workloads of personnel to match their skills and abilities. Communication with the team is vital and you will be expected to provide regular and constructive feedback on individual and team performance. During your career we will offer you the relevant training and encourage progression. Most of our senior team began their career in the workshop and worked their way up.
· Achieve and strive to exceed all targets through an efficient Paint & Body Centre operation
· Margin on labour sales, parts sales, paint & material sales and other sales vs. objectives
· Partner Certification Audit
· Compliance with COSHH and EPA regulations
· Identify opportunities to reduce costs
· Maintain quality control on all vehicle repairs
· Ensure correct allocation and maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Paint & Body Centre
· Operate at all times within company policy and implement VOLKSWAGEN United Kingdom operational guidelines
· Maintain contact with VOLKSWAGEN United Kingdom suppliers and statutory representatives
- Friendly and professional at all times.
- Experience in previous managerial roles is preferred although full training will be provided for our systems and product knowledge.
- Being punctual and organised is essential
- Ability to detect and solve potential problems
- Be a team player with fellow colleagues
- Drivers license is preferred but not essential
The Innovative Repair Group (iRG) is an independent network of vehicle repair centres spanning South Wales & England offering a range of expert vehicle repair services with prestige, accident, express and LCV repair facilities all equipped with the latest repair technology and processes. We work alongside the UK’s leading manufacturers, insurers and accident management companies, as well as private vehicle owners and fleets, carrying out repairs on all makes and models of cars and light commercial vehicles at competitive rates.
28 days Holiday a year, Pension Scheme, Employee Assist Program, Overtime & Bonus Schemes, career progression, Clean Working Environment, Maintained & Up to Date Equipment, Additional Learning opportunities (E Learning Courses & VM Training site dependent), Company Events including annual Christmas Party.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.