This opportunity will suit a panel beater who has plenty of experience with all sizes of repair, ideally holds their welding certificates, bonding and riveting and can carry out strip and fit of bodywork and some mechanical and electrical areas.
This job role is a Skilled Panel Beater’s position and requires an experienced candidate who can complete all panel repairs to accident damaged vehicles. ATA, NVQ 3 or IMI 3 qualifications would be a distinct advantage.
· To repair or replace as necessary bodywork panels of damaged vehicles according to the instructions received or details on the job card. This will include chassis and framework.
· Stripping and fitting panels and bodywork
· You will be required to efficiently repair vehicles checking on completion ensuring there are no defects including changing quarter panels, filler work, stripping a vehicle down and rebuilding it.
· Panel straightening and filler to repair dents
· Replacement of panels
· Welding and bonding of vehicle structure
· Adhere to the manufacturer’s literature and modification bulletins as appropriate to the repair and to the replacement of chassis and panel work.
· To ensure that all equipment used, to include jigs, fixtures and welding equipment, is operated in accordance with defined safety requirements.
· The role is to carry out all panel beater repair work on all makes of vehicles and to be able demonstrate a full range of vehicle body repairs.
· Repair and replace body components to damaged vehicles to pre-accident condition and to Kitemark BS10125 and manufacturer's standards
Job Experience - Panel Beater
· A working and demonstrable knowledge of vehicle panel repairs
· Relevant panel qualifications - IMI 3, NVQ 3 or ATA Panel Beater Accreditation desirable but not essential
· Panel beater Experience is essential
You Will Receive:
Time Saved Bonus
Up to 33 days annual leave, dependant on Time Served
Continuous and paid training
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Referral programme
- Wellness programme
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Panel Beater: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person